|Vendor Partnership Guide|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Product photography is one of the most important elements that drive sales online. Since there is no “touch-and-feel” online, engaging the customer and solidifying her choice to buy or not to buy a product primarily comes from the image. Because these elements are so important to the customer, high-quality images have a direct correlation to good sales performance.
We understand that professional product photography can be a large investment in both time and money. Submitting high-quality images to Bealls eCommerce ensures the quickest product-to-website timing for your company and will save in the number of samples required.
In this document are photography requirements to ensure we give the customer the best shopping experience possible and maximize repetition across the website.
You may be asking yourself:
1. Why should we submit images rather than samples to Bealls?
a. It not only saves money of shipping samples back and forth, but it saves time and puts the product on the website faster.
2. What should the image look like for my category of product?
a. This reference guide will help answer this.
3. What should the size of the image be?
a. Read under General Image Requirements in this document.
4. How do I get these images to Bealls?
a. Please read the bottom of page 3 for delivery information.
5. What if I have additional questions?
a. Please feel free to contact the eCommerce Imaging Department at: email@example.com
· Images whether photographed on or off model should be on a clean, white (255) background (product removed from background). If the image is not removed, then the image must include a clipping path.
· We would need an unlimited time and scope use of the image AND the image would need to pre-approved to be used.
o Bealls reserves the right to crop model image as needed
Images should be professionally lit, styled and shot. Further in this document are some proper and unacceptable images to use as a general standard. If any questions, please email us with your question at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The product should fill out the full image spot. There should be no more than a 225 pixel border around the product. This ensures cropping to fit image will not result in a poor image to the customer.
· Image file should contain at a minimum the vendor name and product style number. Preferred way, if you have it, is Bealls’ Dept. Vendor Style and Color variation number. This can be taken from a PO or by contacting your Buying office.
Exception: Product images that are size specific i.e. handbags can contain a reference item for size like a mobile phone.
Size and Resolution Requirements:
· Dimensions of the original image should be AT LEAST 2000 pixels on the longest side.
· Resolution should be no less than 72 DPI.
· JPEG’s (Preferred) – 1MB with Quality at 10-12
· PNG – 2MB
· TIFF – 6MB
· Images embedded in word processing documents and spreadsheets will not be accepted.
· Do not scale up an image to meet these requirements as that will degrade the image quality and render it unacceptable.
· Preferred Delivery on disc mailed to:
Attn: Beall’s Ecommerce Images OR Attn: Beall’s Ecommerce Images
1806 38th Ave E PO Box 25207
Bradenton, FL 34208 Bradenton, FL 34206-5207
· All ready to wear apparel requires a front & back shot.
· All swatches must either be shot the same (flat, model) or proper color swatches must also be sent with main image.
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES - Shoes
Should show the below 6 views with the main image right-facing.
Main Image Sole and side image as alternate images
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES: Handbags & Accessories
Main Image Alternate Images to show back, inside and size scale
Background: clean white
Crop: close to pendant or feature element
Angle: see examples below
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES CON’T
All Dresses and swim must be on model!
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES - HOME/OTHER
Single home item OK to show collection if sold as one item
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES – Lingerie
Briefs/Panty shots must include the belly button (if visible) to the top of the thigh
Alternate back shots of Lingerie may not show inappropriate flesh. If thong shot is on model, then thong must be cropped at top of panty to show design:
Crop just above head & below bust, bras must show face
Shoot backs of bras
Use neutral flesh tone color.
Show all alternate views for bras
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES: Pants - capris, shorts, bermudas & jeans should also include at least one side angle:
Pants should crop just above the natural waist (even if obstructed) to the feet
ACCEPTABLE IMAGES: Skirts & skorts
Front & back plus any detail shot (especially for skorts which may have a skirted or short cut back)
On figure shots of shorts and over the knee skirts/dresses should include or crop just below the knees:
Calf or mid-length skirts/dresses should crop at the ankle
Full length skirts/dresses include feet
Cannot show full stack Can’t tell what is item Do not show full collection
Poor image -Take out of wrappers Poor image – low quality, bad background