|Vendor Partnership Guide|
Bealls Florida Stores
Vendor Packaging and Shipping Guidelines for Ecommerce Merchandise
Note any orders for store #796 should be ecommerce ready. You can find the address on our store listing, Store Listing
01) Packaging Standards for Bealls Ecommerce Merchandise – General Guidelines
A. Merchandise must be individually packaged – one selling unit per package.
B. Each selling unit of merchandise should be packaged so that the product is not damaged during receipt, stocking, shipment preparation, and shipment to the customer.
C. Each individual selling unit container (box) must have attached to the exterior of the package, a UPC BAR CODE that also contains the human readable numeric rendering of the UPC, placed face up and scan-able without opening or unwrapping the Unit. This is in addition to the merchandise ticketing requirements in the Bealls Store Vendor Partnership Guide for ticket details.
D. Each individual selling unit in a polybag must have the Bealls merchandise ticket that is attached to the merchandise face up and visible on the merchandise inside the poly bag. This ticket must have a UPC BAR CODE that contains the human readable numeric rendering of the UPC which is scan-able without opening or unwrapping the Unit. It is preferable that this UPC also be on the outside of the polybag. This is in addition to the merchandise ticketing requirements in the Bealls Store Vendor Partnership Guide for ticket details.
E. All packaging and packing materials should be environmentally friendly consisting of recycled and recyclable materials whenever possible.
02) Pack Guidelines for Bealls Ecommerce Orders
A. The goal of ecommerce Pack Guidelines is to facilitate the rapid sortation of merchandise to the style/color/size SKU when it is receipted at the Central Fulfillment Center.
B. To the greatest extent possible, vendor shipments for all merchandise should be packed and sorted by each individual SKU (style, color, size).
C. Single carton – Single SKU
01) Defined as one carton/box that contains multiple units of a single SKU (style, color, size).
02) This is the preferred pack for orders that contain 12 or more units per SKU.
D. Single Carton – Single SKU With Multiple Inner Packs
01) Defined as a carton that contains multiple inner packs that all contain the same single SKU.
02) Inner packs may consist of boxes, poly bags, shrink wrap packs or other bundling device.
E. Master Case – Multiple SKU’s
01) May contain multiple inner packs where each inner pack will contain a different SKU.
02) Each inner pack should contain only one SKU.
03) The inner pack may consist of boxes, poly bags, shrink wrap packs or other bundling device.
F. Just Enough orders and re-orders
01) Just Enough orders and re-orders may consist of cartons that contain many units with a composition of one unit or two units per SKU.
02) Receipts that contain one or two units per SKU are not preferred but are considered acceptable for Just Enough orders.
03) It is preferable to have receipts that consists of three or more units per SKU
03) Poly Bag Guidelines
A. The poly bag must be high clarity (clear) and of appropriate thickness (approximately .9 mil to 1.5 mil) in order to protect the product until opened by the final use consumer.
B. Poly bags must be adequately sealed in order to protect the product.
C. Poly bag or shrink wrap must not protrude more than 3" past the dimensions of the product.
D. Poly bags with a 5" opening or larger (measured when flat) are required to have a suffocation warning, either printed on the bag itself, or attached as a label.
E. For example:
01) "WARNING: To avoid danger of suffocation, keep this bag away from babies and children. Do not use this bag in cribs, beds, carriages or play pens. This bag is not a toy."
F. The warning should be placed in a prominent location on the bag, printed in black and in a legible font size for the size of the bag.
G. Print size of this warning should conform to the following table:
01) Total Length plus Width of Bag Minimum Print Size
02) 60 inches or more 24 point
03) 40 to 59 inches 18 point
04) 30 to 39 inches 14 point
05) less than 29 inches 10 point
04) Apparel and Lingerie
A. Apparel merchandise should be folded flat.
B. Each individual unit must be placed in a sealed poly bag or shrink-wrapped.
01) Place the Unit in a transparent poly bag with a suffocation warning and seal the bag to protect it from damage or dust. This is an approved variance to the Bealls Stores Vendor Partnership Guide and this exception may only be used for merchandise shipped to the CFC (Store #796) or, when specifically directed by Bealls.
02) DO NOT allow poly bag or shrink wrap to protrude more than 3 inches past the dimensions of the product.
C. DO NOT include hangers on or, with the product. This is an approved variance to the Bealls Stores Vendor Partnership Guide and this exception may only be used when specifically directed by Bealls.
D. The Bealls merchandise ticket with barcode should be attached to the merchandise with the UPC bar code face up and visible on the merchandise inside the poly bag. Please see Bealls Stores Vendor Partnership Guide for ticket type details.
05) Accessories, Handbags, Totes, Hats
A. Merchandise must be individually poly bagged or boxed with the bar code ticket readable or accessible (attached by string) from the exterior of the container.
A. Jewelry must be individually packaged in a sealed poly bag and labeled with the UPC bar code ticket in a readable/ scan-able location.
B. Items that are individually boxed should also be in a sealed poly bag.
C. Earrings must be attached to a card and the posts protected in order to protect them during shipping.
07) Beauty and Fragrance.
A. Merchandise must be individually packaged and labeled with the UPC bar code ticket.
08) Soft Home
A. Towels, Bath Rugs, Tablecloths and Napkins.
01) Each individual unit must be placed in a sealed poly bag or shrink-wrapped.
02) Place the Unit in a transparent poly bag with a suffocation warning if appropriate and seal the bag to protect it from damage or dust.
03) DO NOT allow poly bag or shrink wrap to protrude more than 3 inches past the dimensions of the product.
04) Any merchandise that is sold as a set must have all pieces included in the poly bag.
01) Additional packaging is not required in the case of merchandise such as comforter sets and sheet sets that are contained in a fully enclosed “retail ready” vendor package with a visible UPC.
02) Merchandise that is not fully protected, such as banded blankets or throws must be individually poly bagged with a UPC label on the exterior of the bag.
09) Home Store (Hard Home) including Dinnerware, Glassware, Decorative Accessories
A. It is preferred that merchandise be individually packaged – one unit per package.
01) Small unbreakable items such as metal napkin rings or kitchen gadgets may be exempted from the individual pack requirement.
B. Small breakable/ fragile items and medium size hard home items.
01) Each unit of merchandise must be individually packaged in a protective box or, securely wrapped in bubble wrap or foam sheeting. The packaging must be adequate to protect the merchandise finish and structural integrity.
02) The box or bubble wrapped item must have an external UPC barcode attached to the container or, a UPC barcode attached to the merchandise with a string that extends out of the packing.
03) No additional packaging is required if each piece of merchandise is contained in a fully enclosed retail floor ready package with the appropriate Bealls ticket on the exterior of the package.
04) Styrofoam peanuts are NOT acceptable packing.
10) Large Hard Home Items.
A. Any item of merchandise will be considered Large if:
01) It weighs more than 20 pounds or,
02) exceeds either of the following dimensions:
(b) Any single dimension greater than 24”
03) Large items must be delivered to Bealls individually packaged in a carton that is “ship ready” to the final customer.
04) The carton and internal cushioning must protect the merchandise integrity and finish during transit by a small package commercial carrier such as UPS.
B. Shippable Container Guidelines for Large Items
01) It is required that merchandise be packaged in a container that is shippable via small package common carrier such as UPS to the consumer. Merchandise should be individually packaged so that it will not break during receiving, storage, shipment preparation, or shipment to the customer.
02) Each individual item must be:
(a) Packaged in a six solid-sided box.
(b) Wrapped in protective cushioning such as bubble wrap, small-cell bubble sheeting, foam sheeting or kraft paper if needed to protect the integrity and the finish of the merchandise
(c) Styrofoam peanuts are NOT acceptable packing.
03) The merchandise should fit securely into the box with very little empty space to allow vibration or shifting of the product. The contents should not move when shaken.
04) The merchandise container/ package must have attached to the exterior of the package, a UPC BAR CODE that also contains the human readable numeric UPC, placed face up and scan-able without opening or unwrapping the Unit. This is in addition to the merchandise ticketing requirements in the Bealls Store Vendor Partnership Guide for ticket details.
05) Recommended Cushioning
(a) Foam sheeting is a lightweight, soft, resilient material made of thin polystyrene or polyethylene material. It comes in a variety of thicknesses, but sheeting with a minimum thickness of 1/16-inch-thick (0.16 cm) is recommended.
(b) provides surface protection as well as shock absorption
(c) Kraft Paper.
11) Vendor Drop Ship Merchandise.
A. Merchandise that is shipped directly to the end use customer as part of Bealls Vendor Drop Ship program must meet the standards outlined in the “Packaging and Shipping Guidelines for Ecommerce Merchandise”.